Featured Post

Back to School Night- The "Flipped" Presentation

Welcome

Welcome
Take a peak into our classroom!

Monday, November 14, 2016

The Pickett Fence 11.14.16

First and foremost, I must say thank you!  Thank you for being flexible, and supportive over the last two weeks!  The emails, notes, and cards were so very thoughtful.  I am also grateful for the beautiful flowers you sent to my home, as well as, the meals that Mrs. Haake delivered to my house last week from many of you!  I am so blessed to be surrounded by a wonderful community and am so thankful to know that these kiddos were in good hands. 

I am happy to be back to work, and must apologize for any confusion that may have happened with homework and/or class assignments over the last few weeks.  Please bear with me as I find the bottom of my desk and attempt to make it through the happenings of the last two weeks.  Personally, I am feeling much better after surgery and some good rest last week! 

In other news, it was so great to visit with each of you over conferences and I am looking forward to all of the progress that is in our near future.  Attached to this newsletter you will find the math document that I shared with many of you at conferences.  This will be a great way to find support and practice throughout the year in relation to our math topics.  At the bottom of each newsletter you will find “I can statements” that will help guide you in what direction we are going in the classroom. These statements will also show you what standards we are currently working on, which will parallel with the document shared. 

Raz-Kids 

Raz Kids will pick back up this week! Please be sure your child has read at least 1 story this week, as well as, answered the questions associated with the text. 

To Log in at home: Click the following link and my teacher username is jpickett6

You will then follow accordingly for your child's log in. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Grades

I hope to have everything graded and recorded into the grade book by Sunday of this upcoming weekend!  I would encourage you to take a look at your child’s progress sometime early next week, or over your Thanksgiving break.

Flipped Videos 
At this time, I do not plan on assigning any flipped videos for this week, the substitutes covered most of the lessons in class up to this point.  As we begin our PBL, I may send home videos as I see a need.  We will test on this chapter on Tuesday of next week.  Some review activities and a study guide will come home  in the next few days. 

Lunch in CLASSROOM
The cafeteria will be closed TOMORROW and next TUESDAY.  Students will need to bring in a cold lunch to eat in the classroom.  Our lunch time is from 12:50-1:15.  They will also want to bring a drink because there will not be milk available either.  Thank you for your help with this. 

Scholastic Book Orders:  
Coming home tomorrow night will be a Scholastic Book  Order! This is a great time to purchase Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers for your students.  If you are wanting this to be a gift and you do not want your child to know, please send me a quick email and I would be happy to hold your books for you to pick up secretively!  Our online class code is: GPYPP if you would like to purchase books on www.scholastic.com .

PEACE Party:
Just before Halloween we earned our first PEACE party!  Today, the students choose a Movie day.  We will celebrate this on Friday of this week.  Students can bring in the following items for the party, if you/they would like. 

-          A drink with a lid (soda, Gatorade etc)
-         A small pillow 
-         A blanket to lay on 
-         A snack for themselves OR enough to share with entire class
-         Movies must be PG or G 
Posterboard
We are starting a new Interior Design PBL and are in need of some items.  We are looking for samples that might be used in home remodels. 
-      Old carpet, flooring, or other small sample sized materials that can be kept and used.
-      Wallpaper or paint samples that can be kept and used.
We are also in need of 6 trifold posterboards (science project like) for our final project!



Specials Schedule:
Monday _ PE/Music
Tuesday – Library and Art
Wednesday – Computer  
                      Mass 8:15
Thursday –Spanish
Friday – PE/Music

Upcoming Assessments 
November 16th - Unit 4 Vocabulary Assessment
November  18th - Noun Assessment 
November 22nd - Math Assessment Multiplying two digit by 
                              three digit numbers. 
**Please contact me if you would like any review assignments for your child.  

Important Dates:
November 15th – COLD LUNCH Cafeteria closed
November 16th-  8:15 All School Mass
November 18th – 7:00 am Father/Child Mass
November 22nd – All School Mass 8:15
November 22nd – COLD LUNCH cafeteria closed 
November 23rd – November 25th  Thanksgiving Break

I Can Statements 

Reading:   I can use sequencing words to put a story in the appropriate order.
Math:         I can multiply two digit by three digit problems.  
Science:    I can identify physical and chemical changes. 
Social Studies:       I can determine reasons for explorers to                                   travel. 
                                I can describe the conflict and resolution                                 that happened during explorers travels.
Language Arts:       I can identify nouns and use them                                               appropriately in my writing.   
                             I can correctly spell plural nouns.

                             I can use possessive nouns appropriately                                    in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment