Featured Post

Back to School Night- The "Flipped" Presentation

Welcome

Welcome
Take a peak into our classroom!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Pickett Fence 11.28.16

 I hope everyone took some time to enjoy their families, relax, and maybe do a little shopping!  My break was full of delicious food, friends, family, and of course a little shopping too!  The five days went quickly and I am excited to get back in gear as we hit the downhill slide to the end of second quarter. 

Grades
 I would encourage you to continue checking your child’s assignments as I hope to keep these grades current as we continue through the remainder of second quarter.  
As a reminder, if students do not return assignments in the day that they are do, they will be asked to attend homework help that afternoon.


Scholastic Book Orders:  
Don't forget!!  Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday November 27.  Your child brought home several different orders last week. 

This is a great time to purchase Christmas gifts or stocking suffers for your students.  If you are wanting this to be a gift and you do not want your child to know, please send me a quick email and I would be happy to hold your books for you to pick up secretively!  

Our online class code is: GPYPP if you would like to purchase books on www.scholastic.com .


MAPS Testing
We will begin our Winter MAPs testing tomorrow.  Monday, Thursday and Friday this week we will test Math, Reading, and Language Arts.  These are the test scores I shared out with you all at conferences.  I also shared these with students are our monthly data meetings.   I would encourage you to take some time to talk with your child about their goals and what they would like to achieve this round of testing.  I am hoping to see improvements in all areas.  

Once testing is completed,  I will share out the data with you, as well as, include new reports on how we can continue helping these kids grow and grow in their learning!  

Thank you for your continued support! 

Weather Forecast Project
In reading and in science students have been working on researching extreme weather throughout the United States and will be asked to do a live broad cast! The broadcast will be recorded with a green screen and students will be able to pick a background that corresponds to their report.  

Students are invited to dress as reporters on Thursday December  1st if they would like.  This is not a requirement, but I encourage students to get into the ‘part’ of reporting for this project!  We can’t wait to share the final products with you! 

Poster board
We are in need of 6 trifold posterboards (science project like) for our final project!


Specials Schedule:
Monday _ PE/Music
Tuesday – Library and Art
Wednesday – Computer  
                      Mass 8:15
Thursday –Spanish
Friday – PE/Music  Benediction 2:30

Upcoming Assessments 

December 1 – Bible Assessment (study guide will come home Monday)
December 6th – Unit 5 Vocabulary Quiz
Important Dates:

November 27th - First Sunday of Advent
November 28th - Cure' Night at Barnes and Noble (In- Store Event 5-8pm)
November 29th – Anti Bullying Presentation 2:15-3:00
November 30th - All School Mass
December 2nd – Benediction 2:30
December 5th - NO SCHOOL for students 

I Can Statements 

Reading:   I can use theme to help me understand a story.
Math:         I can multiply decimals by one, two and three digit numbers.
Science:    I can identify the different types of extreme weather.
Social Studies:       I can determine reasons for explorers to  travel. 
                                I can describe the conflict and resolution that happened during explorers travels.
Language Arts:       I can identify action verbs, helping verbs and linking verbs and use them in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment